Heritage Preservation Commission
Members will be notified of meeting date – 7 members
The Heritage Preservation Commission was formed in 2004 with the following objectives:
1. Identify the significant structures and details required to preserve the quality of the district.
2. Provide guidance to local property owners on the historical significance of their individual properties.
3. Establish sensitive workable local design guidelines for restoration, renovation, or rehabilitation of properties with the district.
The Heritage Preservation Commission was also designated as the Certified Local Government by the National Park Service in 2005.
The commission reviews proposals for changes to downtown properties and determines if the changes are appropriate to the guidelines. If so, the commission will issue a “Certificate of Appropriateness” prior to the city issuing a building permit.
- Linda Bryan, 621 W. Park Ave. • 507-373-0464
- Darin Johnson, 737 W. Front St. • 507-402-4557
- Stephanie Kibler, 1031 Bridge Ave. • 507-373-8003
- Brad Kirchner, 417 Vine Avenue • 507-320-8787
- Nic Lang, 218 S. Washington Ave. • 612-237-5818
- Tarrah Hall Sather, 410 1st Venue SE, Glenville • 651-402-7873
- Tom Staker, 1402 Circle Dr. • 507-373-8898
- Larry Baker (ex-officio) 1315 Lakeview Blvd • 507-377-1397
- Megan Boeck, City Planner (ex-officio) • 507-377-4330
November 14, 2023
- Architectural Guidelines for Historic Preservation (pdf)
- Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties