Happenings in Albert Lea
May 10, 13 & 14
- Rock Gym Open, Brookside Education Center, 211 W Richway Drive, from 6 – 9 p.m. To register, visit the Community Ed website. There is no charge for Albert Lea Area School students in grades K – 12.
- Live music – Easy Heart – at Three Oak Winery, 73505 225th St. , from 6-9 p.m.
- Fishing opener in Minnesota. Did you know that you can fish in most state parks, including Myre-Big Island in rural Albert Lea, without a license? See all the fishing basics on the DNR website.
- Shopping Opener in Albert Lea where you can win a prize for buying local. Details on the CVB Facebook page.
- Spring Fling at Three Oak Winery, hosted by the American Association of University Women, from 4-6 p.m. Pizza and wine at 4 p.m., then tour of the Freeborn County Historical Museum starting at 5 p.m.
- Farmers Market opens for the season in Albert Lea! Check it out every Wednesday from 3:30 – 5 p.m. in the North Broadway parking lot downtown.
- World War II: Coming Home with Mike Eckers, 7-8:30 p.m., Freeborn County Historical Museum, 1031 Bridge Ave.
- Farmers Market every Saturday from 3:30 – 5 p.m. in the North Broadway parking lot downtown.
- Albert Lea Grizzlies football game at Frank Hall Park, starting at 3 p.m.
- Market at the Mall, from noon – 4 p.m., at Northbridge Mall.
Open every day
- 41 park and rec areas, including fishing piers, pickleball courts, hiking trails, ball diamonds and playgrounds.
- Blazing Star Trail, 6 miles of paved trail from Albert Lea to Myre-Big Island State Park, where the trail continues through the park.
- Myre-Big Island State Park in rural Albert Lea offers trails, camping, and paddling.
Looking for more?