Election judges are essential to our democracy by serving as officials to staff local polling places, administer election procedures, and ensure that the rights of voters are protected on Election Day. Serving as an election judge provides an opportunity to learn about the elections process and is a great service to our community.
To be considered to be an election judge, please contact Daphney Maras, City Clerk at (507)377-4335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. All election appointments are made by the City Council at least 25 days before an election or about three months before the primary. If appointed, you must attend training conducted by the County Auditor. You will be paid an hourly rate for your service.
The qualifications for this position are as follows:
- You must be eligible to vote in Minnesota
- You must be able to read, write and speak English
- You cannot be a spouse, parent, child, or sibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct at the same time
- You cannot be a candidate or the spouse, parent, child, or sibling of any candidate on the ballot in that precinct
Election Dates for 2018 are as follows:
- Primary Election to be held on Tuesday, August 14th, 2018
- General Election to be held on Tuesday, November 6th, 2018