The City of Albert Lea will receive sealed bids for Bituminous Material until 3:00 pm, May 2, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened and read in the City Council Chambers. Bids should be sealed and marked “Bituminous Material Bid”. These should be sent or delivered to the City Clerk’s office at 221 East Clark Street, Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007. Below are the specifications and bidding information.
Plaza Street West Realignment Project (1361)
This project will involve realigning Plaza Street west of Bridge Avenue so that it lines up with Plaza Street east of Bridge Avenue. This project will involve road embankment construction along the new alignment, installing aggregate base, bituminous surface, and signage and striping. Improving safety along Bridge Avenue has been ongoing concern, several recent studies of Bridge Avenue Corridor have recommended realigning Plaza Street to improve safety.
See Quest CDN Bid No. 4909457 for bidding information.
Albert Lea Public Works City Garage Addition (1562)
This project will involve constructing a building to serve as the administrative portion of City Garage and combines the Street Department, Utility Department and Park Department into one location.
See Quest CDN Bid No. 4869693 for bidding information.
Albert Lea Airport Arrival/Departure (AD) Building (1608)
This project will involve demolishing the old AD Building and constructing a new AD Building. The current AD building and flight school are outdated and no longer fully compliant with code requirements. Some of the amenities will include office spaces, a conference room, flight school, pilots lounge & briefing area, and lobby.
See Quest CDN Bid No. 4517584 for bidding information.
Click here for project updates
Lake Avenue & College Street Reconstruction (1607)
This project will involve improvement to the street and infrastructure on Lake Avenue from Clark Street to William Street, Lake Avenue Alley from William Street to Elizabeth Avenue, and East College Street from Newton Avenue to east of Elizabeth Avenue. The work will include removing and reconstructing the existing pavement, repairs to the existing utility infrastructure (sanitary sewer and watermain), storm drainage improvements, and sidewalk replacement.
Sunset Street Reconstruction (1614)
This project will involve removing the existing pavement, repairs to the existing utility infrastructure, storm drainage improvements, sidewalk construction and reconstructing the roadway to meet State Aid standards. The project is from Trunk Highway 13 to Lakeview Blvd. on Sunset Street on Hillside Avenue from Sunset Street to the dead end.
See Quest CDN Bid No. 4969820 for bidding information.
2017 Neighborhood Improvement Project & E. Main Street Service Road Construction (1701)
This project will involve bituminous overlay, bituminous reclamation, reconstruction of miscellaneous and total curb replacement, and miscellaneous sidewalk replacement on various streets. The streets are as follows:
- Quisley Street – Hale Drive to Crystal Drive
- Keystone Drive – Richway Drive to Quisley Street
- Crystal Drive – Richway Drive to Quisley Street
- Allan Drive – Lancaster Lane to Garfield Avenue
- Lancaster Lane – Eastgate Road to Allan Drive
- Portland Avenue – Richway Drive to Allan Drive
- Garfield Avenue – Allan Drive to Richway Drive
- Eastgate Road – Bridge Avenue to Garfield Avenue
- Troy Road – Bridge Avenue to Glenview Drive
- Glenview Drive – Troy Road to the south end
- Airport Road – Hi Tech Avenue to Bridge Avenue
- Hale Drive – Keystone Drive to Quisley Street
- Westron Street – Hi Tech Avenue to Bridge Avenue
- Sykes Street – Hi Tech Avenue to Bridge Avenue
- Hi Tech Avenue – Airport Road to Sykes Street
- Landfill Road
- East Main Street Service Road north of East Main Street – Fenton Avenue to the west end
- East Main Street Service Road north of East Main Street – Morningside Road to Prospect Avenue
See Quest CDN Bid No. 4943370 for bidding information.
South Broadway Avenue Construction (1604)
This project will involve milling the existing asphalt surface and placing the first of two lifts of new asphalt. The following stages of work will include replacement of miscellaneous sidewalk followed by the final lift of new asphalt.
This project is a cooperation between the City of Albert Lea and Freeborn County. Any questions or concerns regarding the project should be directed to the Freeborn County Highway Department at 507-377-5188.